At a recent symposium in Winnipeg on Israel/Palestine, I made a presentation on Canada’s obligations under Article 1 of the Fourth Geneva Convention. I argued that, by engaging in arms and [...]
At a recent symposium on Israel/Palestine in Winnipeg, Canada, I delivered a presentation on the vast disparity between rhetoric and reality in the human rights policies and practices of Western [...]
- It is Time to Escalate Our Resistance to the Pro-Israel Lobby | Dimitri Lascaris[…] the Palestinian solidarity movement...
Blackrock is the world’s largest asset manager, with over $6 trillion in assets under management. And, so, when its CEO Larry Fink speaks, corporate CEOs listen. Earlier this year, Mr. Fink shook [...]
After Alt-Right March for Israel in Toronto, Justin Trudeau Smears Human Rights Activist as Anti-Semitic
This week, I talked with Marc Steiner of The Real News Network about Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s recent Twitter attack on me. The genesis of Trudeau’s attack was a deceptive [...]
Analyses of the media coverage of hurricane Florence show that most outlets ignore the link to climate change and the real dangers that this and other hurricanes present for creating devastating [...]
For The Real News Network, I speak Rachel Smolker, co-director of Biofuelwatch, about dubious claims that biofuels such as ethanol are an environmentally friendly alternative to fossil fuels: [...]
In 2011, Ecuador’s courts rendered a $9.5 billion judgment against Chevron, one of the world’s largest fossil fuel companies. The Ecuadorian plaintiffs persuaded the Ecuadorian court that, [...]
For The Real News, I speak with Hamza Shaiban, founder of the Yemeni Community in Canada, about Canadian arms sales to the brutal Saudi autocracy. After describing the appalling conditions in [...]
My Response to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s Smear: Sir, I Will Not Be Deterred From Defending Human Rights
I am a proud, anti-racist advocate for human rights, yet I now find myself in a situation familiar to so many defenders of the human rights of Palestinians: I am being defamed as an anti-Semite [...]
- Who's the boss? Not the next leader of the Green get together, says Elizabeth May - Daily Echoed[…] defended his phrases in a blog post...
- On eve of leadership choice, Canada’s Greens confront anti-Semitism in their ranks - canada4news.xyz[…] 2018, Lascaris wrote a 1,500-word...
- Dimitri Lascaris is not an Antisemite – Independent Jewish Voices Canada[…] Lascaris has issued his own respons...
- Anti-Semitism as a Sword: As Far Right Storm Clouds Gather, Trivial Charges Ignore the Real Threat[…] support of Palestinians. The pro-Is...
For The Real News, I speak to Pink Floyd co-founder Roger Waters, a leading proponent of the BDS movement, about the movement’s recent major victories. Those victories include the decision [...]